Qualis Health Will Recognize Five Washington Organizations for Improvements in Healthcare
Seattle, WA - Qualis Health, one of the nation's leading population health management organizations, will recognize five healthcare organizations from across the state of Washington for their achievements in improving healthcare quality and outcomes. The award recipients will be recognized during a ceremony at the 2018 Northwest Patient Safety Conference on May 1, 2018. John Vassall, MD, Physician Executive of Quality and Safety for Qualis Health, will present the awards.
“Our changing healthcare landscape requires increasingly vigorous efforts to improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes in Washington State and across the nation,” said Vassall. “Data-driven quality improvement initiatives increase patient safety, reduce healthcare disparities, and engage patients and families. The Qualis Health Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality celebrate organizations whose initiatives are transforming care for their communities—making a real difference for their patients and families.”
The 2018 Quality Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality will be awarded to the following organizations:
- Award of Excellence: Medical Center – Harborview Medical Center/UW Medicine, Seattle, for their project, “Implementation and Evaluation of a Multidisciplinary Discharge Program”
- Award of Excellence: Integrated Healthcare System – Kaiser Permanente Washington, Renton, “Collaboration between Pharmacy and Care Management to Expand the Medication Reconciliation Program to Improve Health Outcomes”
- Award of Excellence: Acute Care Hospital – Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, Vancouver, “Reducing Readmissions from the Emergency Department”
- Award of Excellence: Multispecialty, Ambulatory Clinic – The Everett Clinic, Everett, “Opioid Safety”
- Award of Excellence: Federally Qualified Health Center – Valley View Health Center, Chehalis, “Establishing a Quality-Focused Dashboard for the Dental Department at Valley View Health Center to Drive Quality Improvement Efforts”
# # #
About Qualis Health
Qualis Health is one of the nation's leading population healthcare consulting organizations, partnering with our clients to improve care for millions of people every day. We work with public and private sector clients to advance the quality, efficiency and value of healthcare.
In April 2018, Qualis Health and HealthInsight announced a formal merger, combining the two organizations and operations across the U.S. Both Qualis Health and HealthInsight have been engaged in healthcare quality consulting and providing quality improvement services for more than 40 years.
In Washington, Qualis Health serves as the Quality Innovation Network–Quality Improvement Organization (QIN–QIO) and the Quality Payment Program – Small and Underserved/Rural Support (QPP-SURS) contractor for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
For more information, visit www.QualisHealth.org.